The locative case is the case which determines the place and the surroundings of the action
- Motocikl je parkiran u garaži. (The motorcycle is parked in the garage.)
- Drvo pluta na vodi. (The wood is floating on water.)
- Klizači kližu po ledu. (The ice skaters are skating on ice.)
- Mnogi turisti putuju prema Hrvatskoj kako bi se kupali u hrvatskom moru. (Many tourists travel to Croatia to swim in the Croatian sea.)
The locative case was used in the above sentences because:
- The motorcycle is within something.
- The piece of wood is situated/moving over something.
- The ice skaters are moving/traveling over something.
- The tourists will be swimming in something. Note that the noun
“Hrvatskoj” is in the dative case, not the locative. The dative and locative
cases are the same for the noun “Hrvatska” but the dative case is used
here because the tourists are traveling towards something (Croatia is the
tourists' goal – refer to the dative case for more details).
Prepositions that usually preceed a noun in the locative state: na, o, po, pri, u.
A language is a method of communication. Human spoken and written languages can be described as a system of symbols (sometimes known as lexemes) and the grammars (rules) by which the symbols are manipulated. The word "language" is also used to refer to common properties of languages.
Language learning is normal in human childhood. Most human languages use patterns of sound or gesture for symbols which enable communication with others. There are thousands of human languages, and these seem to share certain properties, even though every shared property has exceptions.
There is no defined line between a language and a dialect, but it is often said that a language is a dialect with an army and a navy, a statement credited to Max Weinreich. Humans and computer programs have also constructed other languages, including conlangs such as Esperanto, Ido, Interlingua, Klingon, programming languages, and various mathematical formalisms. These languages are not necessarily restricted to the properties shared by human languages.
Translate languages for free. Linguistics experts. English, sprache, swedish, german, italian, french, croatia, language, hrvatski, hrvatska, croatian, jezik, learn, free, phrasebook, phrases, recordings, translations, tourist, tourism, holidays, vacations, trips, istria, istra, slavonija, slavonia, dalmatia, dalmacija, zagreb, no, charge, online.